Looking forward to heading out on tour with Otto Sauter & Ten of the Best, this week. Now we have the (almost) full schedule, I wanted to let you know about some possibilities for arranging a Trumpet Lesson, while I’m visiting Germany and Japan, between November 26 and December 12, 2015. These dates are coming up quickly, so please get in touch as soon as possible to secure your spot.
- On Thursday, November 26 I have a free morning in Leipzig, Germany. There is time for trumpet lessons between 09:00 and 13:00 that morning, prior to my rehearsal in the afternoon/evening.
- On Saturday, November 28 it would be possible to organise a lesson or two in the morning in Leipzig, or in the afternoon in Eisenach, Germany, prior to the evening soundcheck/concert at the Wartburg.
- On Sunday, November 29, I have time between 10:00 and 16:00, in Eisenach.
- On Wednesday, December 2 there should be some time during the day, prior to our concert in Sapporo, Japan.
- On Friday, December 4 there may be some time during the day in Nagoya, Japan – our final schedule is yet to be determined.
- On Tuesday, December 8 and Wednesday, December 9 we have free days in Tokyo, Japan. I will be available to teach both of these days – it would be possible to fit in as many as five 2 hour lessons on each of these days.
Lesson prices are:
- Germany – €75 per hour
- Japan – 10,000 Yen per hour
Please note: Trumpet Lessons are conducted in English. I speak some German, but German students should be prepared to speak in English. For my Japanese students, I am sorry to say that I speak almost no Japanese. It would be acceptable for you to bring a translator, if necessary.
The lesson venue, for all of these days, will need to be organized by the student(s). I am not comfortable conducting lessons in my hotel room, since we can’t play without a practice mute.
I am happy to meet with Trumpet players of all levels and musical styles. I can show you an easier and more efficient way to play, regardless of your skill level. It does NOT have to hurt, to play the trumpet!!